1. MODE OF SELECTION
Advertisement inviting applications from the intending eligible candidates for admission into First year of Six Semesters (3 years) DHTT Course should be published/issued in the month of May/June 2018 by the respective State Directorates of Handloom & Textiles/Directorates of Industries and receive the filled up applications from the candidates. The advertisement should be in two or more leading local news papers of which one should be in local dialect (Regional Language) and the other in English. Wide publicity should also be given through the local television news channel and radio. The Application Form for admission (to be filled up by the candidates) is enclosed herewith.
2. STATE-WISE ALLOCATION OF SEATS
|Sl. No.||Name of the states||Seat allotted|
|Total = 50|
3. ELIGIBILITY CRITERION
(i) Educational Qualification:
The candidates should have passed 10th Standard or equivalent examination with English as a subject of study.
(ii) Age Limit (as on 16th July):
The age limit for general candidates should be between 15 to 23 years and for SC/ST candidates between15 to 25 years as on 16th July 2018.
(a) 20% of the total seats allocated to a State are reserved for candidates belonging to Weavers’ Community (Profession). Shortfall will be met out from the candidates other than Weavers’ Community (Profession).
(b) So far as reservation of seats for admission of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC candidate is concerned, the respective State Directorates will follow the prevailing reservation policy of their states.
(iv) Aggregate of marks obtained in SSC (10th standard) or equivalent qualifying examination shall be the basis for determining the merit of a candidate.
(v) The panel of the selected candidates is required to be prepared on merit basis and as per prevailing reservation policy of the concerned State Government for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC candidates.
(vi)While preparing the merit list, in the event of two candidates scoring identical marks in aggregate, the candidates who had scored more marks in the subjects of Science and Mathematics taken together will stand higher in the merit.
4. The last date for receiving the duly filled in application forms from the candidates should be fixed as on 05.06.2018 by the respective State Directorates of Handloom & Textiles/Directorates of Industries.
5. Merit list of the eligible candidates should be prepared by the Selection Committee comprising with the following Officers
i) The Director of the concerned State Directorates or his representative:Chairman
ii)The Director, WSC, Guwahati or his representative : Member
iii) The Director/HOO, IIHT, Guwahati or his representative :Convenor
6. The Meeting of the Selection Committee for selection of candidates may be fixed in the Office of the concerned State Government Directorates within 12th to 21st June 2018 in accordance to the convenient of the aforesaid officers.
7. A general merit list consisting of all eligible candidates and separate merit lists for each reserved category with application forms should be submitted to the Director, IIHT, Guwahati by 15th June 2018.
8. The Competent Authority of the Institute reserves the right to reject incomplete and ineligible applications.
9. After receiving the selection list along with applications from the State Government concerned, the Director (Institute) will issue the letters to the eligible candidates (as per order of merit) for appearing before the Counseling Committee at IIHT, Guwahati on the specified date as may be intimated to the candidates.
10. At the time of reporting for counseling, the candidates are required to produce all certificates in original and four copies of their photograph identical to the one pasted on the application form. If the original certificates are in regional languages, duly certified English version/translation of such certificates are to be produced for verification.
11. No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the counseling.
12. A candidate who fails to appear in person on the notified date and time for counseling, forfeits his/her claim for the seat offered to him/her and such seat will be offered to the next candidate from the panel of merit list.
13. Vacancies of seat(s) arise if any, due to cancellation or any other reasons will be notified for second counseling and invite the candidate(s) from the panel.
14. In case the state quota is not filled even after considering the list of all eligible candidates, interstate Institute wise merit list of eligible candidates will be prepared for third counseling.
15. MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION & EXAMINATION
English is the medium of instruction and examination. Candidates appearing in the examination shall have to write and communicate answers to the questions in written or oral examination through the medium of English language only.
Stipend will be paid per month @ Rs.1000/-, Rs. 1100/- & Rs.1200/- on the basis of 50:50 Central and State share during the course of study in the Institute.
17. HOSTEL FACILITIES
Separate hostels for boys and girls are available in the institute campus subject to first come first serve basis.
18. The following certificates are required to be submitted by the candidates. The format of the certificates will be issued to the candidates at the time of counseling in the Institute:
i) An affidavit on the stamp paper of Rs.100/- duly attested by Notary.
ii) Anti Ragging Affidavit by the student.
iii) Anti Ragging Affidavit by parent/guardian.
iv) Medical Fitness Certificate.
v) Declaration by the candidate.